De Koning Vergouwen Law Firm
1. De Koning Vergouwen Law Firm (De Koning Vergouwen) is a law partnership (both legal and natural persons). De Koning Vergouwen partnership makes it its aim to practise the profession of lawyer and attorney-at-law in the broadest sense of the word.
2. All assignments, either directly to De Koning Vergouwen, or to individual colleagues, will be accepted and carried out exclusively by, or on behalf of, De Koning Vergouwen partnership. Sections 7:404 and 7:407 subsection 2 of the Dutch Civil Code do not apply.
3. Any liability of De Koning Vergouwen shall be limited to the amount which is paid out under the firm’s professional liability policy (policies) in the matter concerned, plus the amount of the excess deductible which under the policy conditions is not borne by the insurer. If requested further information on the contents of the policy conditions will be provided.
4. If no payment as meant in section 3 follows, the liability of De Koning Vergouwen is limited in any case to an amount equalling the fee charged in the matter concerned, with a maximum of EUR 50,000.–.
5. When calling in the services of third parties De Koning Vergouwen will always exercise due care. De Koning Vergouwen disclaims any liability to damage as a result of shortcomings and defects caused by third parties. The client authorises De Koning Vergouwen to accept possible limitations of liability of these third parties on behalf of him/her.
6. The client indemnifies De Koning Vergouwen against any liability of third parties, among which costs of legal assistance, which will in any way be connected to, or arise from, the work carried out for the client, with the exception of gross negligence on the side of De Koning Vergouwen.
7. Not only De Koning Vergouwen but also any person engaged in carrying out any assignment by the client can rely upon these Standard Contract Terms.
8. The amount due of the hourly rate will be agreed upon with the client beforehand. The hourly rate will be indexed in conformity with the Directive Salary Curators & Administrators, as stipulated after consultation between the Netherlands Association for the Judiciary and the Netherlands Bar Association. The work will be periodically charged to client, mentioning a term of payment of fourteen days counting from the date on the statement of expenses. In that case the hours worked multiplied by the agreed hourly rate will be charged. On the statements of expenses the amounts charged for disbursements, services rendered by third parties, and usual office expenses will be itemized.
9. The legal relationship between De Koning Vergouwen and the client is exclusively governed by Netherlands law. Disputes arising from the legal relationship between client and DKVA can be exclusively brought before the Netherlands court for a settlement. Disputes shall only be submitted to the competent court in Utrecht.
10. The General Terms and Conditions will be sent or handed over to the client before the start of the work. The General Terms and Conditions apply also to additional assignments and continuation assignments. A copy of these General Terms and Conditions can be inspected on the website of De Koning Vergouwen: https://www.dekoningvergouwen.nl. The General Terms and Conditions are in the Dutch and English language. In matters of disputes about the contents or essence of these General Terms and Conditions the Dutch text will be legally binding.
11. De Koning Vergouwen has its own internal complaints procedure applying a complaints handling scheme. If the client registers a complaint about the representing lawyer the client should address his/her complaint in writing to Drs Michiel Vergouwen LL.M. who will attend to the complaint. The complaint will be attended by De Koning Vergouwen in conformity with the internal complaints rules of procedure meant for settling internal complaints of lawyers offices in the Netherlands drawn up by the Netherlands Bar Association.